|Prep Time:||5 - 10 minutes|
|Cook Time:||15 - 25 minutes|
- Peel and chip the potatoes, then wash thoroughly.
- Boil large pan of salted water. Add chips and return to boil, then reduce to gentle simmer (no bubbles) for 10 minutes.
- Remove chips from water and leave to cool on a cake rack. When cooled, chill in fridge.
- In a heavy-bottomed saucepan, heat 1.5 liters of sunflower oil to 180C / 200C. Using mesh basket, fry chips for 15 minutes or until golden brown.
- Remove basket and shake to remove oil. Season with salt and chopped rosemary.
For the Steak and Pizzaiola Sauce
- Brush steaks with a little oil and season with pepper. Heat frying pan over a high heat. Once smoking hot, add the steak and reduce the heat to medium high. Cook for 2.5 minutes each side (medium rare). When cooked, leave on a hot plat covered in tinfoil to rest (don't forget to turn). Season with salt and pepper just before serving.
- Put the olive oil and the garlic in a medium saucepan and cook over a medium heat until the garlic has colour, not burnt. Once the garlic sizzles, add the tomato and oregano and cook for 2 minutes, shaking the pan. Season.
- Spoon sauce onto warmed plates and scatter with capers. Place steaks on top and garnish with the roquette to serve.
- 4 x Fillet Steak 200g
- 1 x 5ml Olive Oil 5 ml
- 4 x Garlic 2 cloves
- 4 x Tomatoes - skinned, deseeded and finely chopped
- 5 x sprigs of Oregano
- 2 x tbsp Capers
- 4 x handful of Roquette
- 5 x Maris Piper Potato
- 1 x 1.5 liter of sunflower oil.
- 1 x handful